The digital transformation of retail is no longer a trend, but a matter of survival.
In 90 days of spring 2020, humanity has moved 10 years forward in the implementation
of digital technologies. Large companies are investing more and more funds in
the online-development, because e-commerce store means:
* availability for customers.
Consumers have gone online en masse, because making purchases without
leaving their homes is very convenient: it saves time and energy, walking
around shopping centers has become more entertainment than a necessity.
* the offline store has working time. In the case of online you can make
purchases even at night, therefore the company doesn't lose potential customers
and increases profits.
* the ability to quickly respond to proposals and resolve conflict situations.
The customer always has at hand the history and complete information about
orders, and can call the support specialist.
* convenient warehouse management. Many ecommerce store owners operate on the dropshipping
principle, acting as an intermediary between the buyer and the supplier. This significantly
reduces the cost of renting the premises. Of course, an ecommerce store requires payment
for hosting (and in some cases a server), but it is insignificant in comparison to a warehouse (or an offline store).
* analytics tools. You have a great opportunity to study the behavior and preferences of buyers and send them relevant offers.
This improves the customer experience, loyalty and marketing campaign effectiveness.